ool pitcher Phil Bickford. Instead of turning pro with the Jays, Bickford will attend college at Cal State Fullerton. I dont pretend to know how good a prospect he is, | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Aug 10
UNCASVILLE, Conn. Air Max Australia From China . -- DeWayne Russell scored 28 points and added eight assists and Grand Canyon hung on to beat Albany 82-77 on Saturday night.The game was the opening round of the Hall of Fame Tip Off Tournament at the Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, Connecticut.Russell finished 10 of 17 from the field. Joshua Braun and Oscar Frayer each added 12 points for Grand Canyon (1-2), with Braun also pulling down seven rebounds.Grand Canyon put together a 13-4 run to build an eight-point lead which they pushed to 44-33 at the break. Back-to-back layups by Russell and Shaq Carr gave the Antelopes their largest lead at 70-55 with 7:42 left.But Albany battled back late, cutting its deficit to 76-74 with 1:33 to go after a Joe Cremo free throw. However a Braun 3 two possessions later iced it.Cremo led Albany with 24 points. David Nichols added 23 for the Great Danes (2-2). Womens Air Max Australia . Fred Couples, captain of the U.S. side, put it all into perspective. "We know whos in charge," he said. Discount Air Max Australia .com) - The Edmonton Oilers and Vancouver Canucks both take aim at their first wins of the season on Saturday, as the Canucks open their home slate at Rogers Arena. http://www.shopairmaxaustralia.com/ . Dusautoir, the former World Player of the Year, sustained a torn bicep playing for Toulouse in the Heineken Cup on Saturday. The flanker, who has played 65 times for France, is expected to be out for up to four months.Each week, The Reporters put their thumbs out to the good and the bad in the world of sports. This week they discuss        . Bruce Arthur, National Post: My thumb is down to whoever let Justin Bieber play with the Stanley Cup this week. Pictures of the vacant-headed teen jerk posing with the trophy were pure hockey PR; he stepped on Chicagos sacred carpet logo, but frankly, they were lucky he didnt pee on it. But that annoyed feeling washed away when the next set of Cup pictures surfaced - Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville in a childrens hospital, with patients beaming, laughing, hugging the Stanley Cup. It really did have better things to do. Gary Lawless, Winnipeg Free Press: My thumb is down to painting Eric Lindros as a man of poor character for having the courage to try and shape his own destiny. Esteemed colleague and member of the HHOF selection committee Mark Defoy said on Winnipeg radio this week that, "some people might hold a grudge," against Lindros. For what? Because Lindros had the gall to try and control where he played hockey as a teenager and then later as an adult? The Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds didnt have to trade his rights and neither did the Quebec Nordiques. Lindros took a stand. Others turned their back on personal principle and then whinged in the aftermath. Lindros should or shouldnt get in the HHOF for what he did on the ice, nott for being strong enough to go against the grain. White Air Max Australia. Michael Farber, Sports Illustrated: My thumb is down to the New York Yankees for cavalier treatment of their most prized asset, Derek Jeter. Jeter missed this weekend series against Minnesota because of a strained quadriceps, which he sustained in his first game back after an abbreviated stint rehabbing a broken ankle. The Yankees panicked when the already skimpy lineup was further decimated by midweek injuries to Travis Hafner and Brett Gardner. So they called on the venerable captain, even though he had played just 22 innings in four minor league games. Hey, Jeter is 39. He cant outrun father time. And he shouldnt have been put in a position where he had to leg out infield hits. Dave Hodge, TSN : My thumb is down as I try to make sense of the Blue Jays inability or unwillingness to sign their first round draft pick, California high school pitcher Phil Bickford. Instead of turning pro with the Jays, Bickford will attend college at Cal State Fullerton. I dont pretend to know how good a prospect he is, but the Jays didnt select Bickford with the 10th overall pick thinking he was ordinary. They didnt choose him with the intention of not signing him. So why didnt they or why couldnt they? They wont say. They are the only team that failed to sign their first round pick. So I scratch my head with my thumb… pointed down. Cheap MLB Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping cheap nfl jerseys Cheap Jerseys USA China Jerseys Cheap NFL Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys For Sale Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys ' ' ' 
Share: