h game before October, said San Joses Logan Couture, counting t | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Jun 12
RIO DE JANEIRO -- This past year in Istanbul, U. Clippers Jerseys China .S. assistant coach Jamie Morrison worked right alongside a man he considers among the best volleyball minds in the business.And fired-up, Italian-born Netherlands coach Giovanni Guidetti is suddenly making quite a splash in Brazil with group of tenacious Dutch women determined to spoil the fun for the top teams in the tournament. Even if few might have expected them to contend while playing in their first Olympics in 20 years.Morrison was an assistant on Guidettis staff at club power Vakifbank in Turkey, coaching Olympians Lonneke Sloetjes, Anne Buijs and Robin de Kruijf and also U.S. outside hitter Kim Hill, who through the net saw several familiar faces.So, when the top-ranked Americans received a real push from the Netherlands in a hard-fought, five-set victory Monday, Morrison and the rest of the U.S. group were nowhere near surprised by the stellar display on the other side. The Dutch had already spoiled Chinas Olympic debut Saturday, then the Chinese bounced back with a straight-set win over Italy.Theyre not intimidated by anybody now, and they shouldnt be. Theyre good, said U.S. coach Karch Kiraly, who figures the group winners wont go unscathed. And thats great, because the Olympics are about being good.Guidetti credits Morrison -- someone he considers above an assistant -- for helping him become a better coach.I learned a lot from him and I hope I can keep learning a lot from him, Guidetti said after the match. Hes an amazing coach. Hes an amazing man and he knows volleyball very well.Hes like a lead guy. Im really trying to learn every time from the people that can teach me, and hes for sure one of the ones that can teach me.The U.S. rallied from one set down and again behind 2-1 to win 18-25, 25-18, 21-25, 25-20, 15-8 on a day Netherlands captain Maret Balkestein-Grothues had to be helped off midway through the fourth set with a right ankle injury and didnt return.Simple communications were made before the match.Such close international connections are commonplace in a sport that has no professional league in the U.S. for men or women, meaning players move across the world for eight months of the year to play professionally.I looked across the net and we were smiling before the match, Morrison said. A head nod, nothing more than that, not a hug.You bet the Americans envisioned this success for the Netherlands, a squad Morrison has seen make big strides in a matter of weeks ahead of the Olympics.Volleyball has come enormously far in the Netherlands in the past two years, he said. The team is up and coming and the support in their country is as well.Post-match, beach and indoor gold medalist Kiraly was getting goosebumps on top of my goosebumps thinking about the important test the Americans had just received Monday.The first-pumping, hard-clapping Guidetti lost his voice during the opening match and animatedly bounced around the court again. His example of passion, a desire to learn every day to make everyone around him better, has been a positive influence on the 35-year-old Morrison.He coached on the gold-medal winning mens Olympic staff in 2008 under Hugh McCutcheon and an assistant again as McCutcheon moved to lead the women to silver four years ago in London.Now, hes one of Kiralys right-hand men. When Morrison is not in Turkey with Guidetti, that is.When it came to scouting the Netherlands and other pool opponents -- a six-team group Kiraly called truly gnarly -- in the Olympic lead-up back at training headquarters in Orange County, everyone took part. Morrison said it was a collaborative effort involving the athletes that led to lots of insight into how to attack the Dutch.They pushed us, U.S. middle blocker Foluke Akinradewo said afterward. Thats what we love. We try and embrace those moments. Authentic Custom Clippers Jersey . The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the Lions have not announced the hiring, which was first reported by ESPN. Lombardi, the grandson of former Green Bay Hall of Fame coach Vince Lombardi, has been an offensive assistant on Sean Paytons New Orleans staff since 2007. Custom Clippers Jerseys . With the first unit struggling of late and Amir Johnson - one of the teams iron men - hobbling on an injured right ankle, Patterson knew he could get the nod in a challenging matchup against one of the leagues up and coming players at his position. http://www.customclippersjersey.com/ . -- Ryan Blaney provided more evidence that Penske Racings No. TORONTO -- Brad Marchand and Patrice Bergeron have been skating, scoring and setting each other up as if theyre in midseason form with the Boston Bruins.Sidney Crosby, picking right up where he left off a few months ago in winning the Stanley Cup with the Pittsburgh Penguins, looks as dominant as ever before the start of the regular season.The trio played together on the same line during Canadas undefeated run through the World Cup of Hockey, giving them a chance to get and stay in a groove that should serve their teams and perhaps the entire NHL well.The two-week, best-on-best tournament that ended Thursday night with the Canadians beating Team Europe forced the games top players to start training earlier than usual. It also put the leagues standouts and stars in highly competitive games that tested them in a way preseason games simply cant.I think theyre going to come out flying, Dallas Stars general manager Jim Nill said. Theyve been playing at a high level. Everybody else is just getting into that level. Theyve been there for a month already. Theyre playing against the best. The pace and the tempo theyve been playing at, I think those players I think are going to be leading the league early on.In addition to individual players getting a boost, some teams may have an edge early in the season because they had multiple players taking advantage of the opportunity to sharpen their skills before the preseason.More than half of the league had at least six players picked to play, including Tampa Bay (12) and Chicago (10) with double digits in participants.Its a great way to jumpstart your season, said Brent Burns, one of seven San Jose Sharks in the World Cup. I think guys will feel like theyre in rhythm and ready to go.St. Louis Blues coach Ken Hitchcock said it was difficult to start training camp without seven key players because they werre in Toronto. Custom Chris Paul Jersey. It was a reality check, Hitchcock said. The real challenge is pulling your system together once they all join us and we have our team together. The players that played in the World Cup will be mentally more alert and theyll be ready for the tempo, which will make our team better and the league potentially better. But were not going to have a lot of time to implement everything we want to do this season.The World Cup is also going to hurt some teams who will start the season without a key player because of an injury sustained in September.The Los Angeles Kings are expected to be without Marian Gaborik for several weeks because of a foot injury. Pittsburgh may not have goaltender Matt Murray for a month because of a broken hand. Calgarys Mikael Backlund and Floridas Aaron Ekblad had concussions at the World Cup and the head injuries always have the potential to linger.The high-flying players from the North American 23-and-under team will likely be ready to roll when the puck drops for the regular season with a new level of confidence after seeing for first-hand that their speed could help them have success against established stars in the league.But even for players who survived the grind without an injury, theres a chance they added wear and tear on their bodies that may not show up until later in the long regular season and possibly the playoffs.This is our ninth game before October, said San Joses Logan Couture, counting the pre-tournament games in his total. Thats a lot of hockey early in the year. Well see how that affects us going forward. Im sure with our coaching staff well come up with a plan with rest. Hopefully, we can jump in and feel good at least at the start of the season. ' ' '
Share: