, but youre also, in the back of your mind, every little | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LAM
LAM Sep 12
CHAMPAIGN, Ill. Jamal Murray Nuggets Jersey . -- Malcolm Hill made sure Illinois didnt blow another double-digit lead on Tuesday night in an 88-74 win over North Carolina State in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.The senior scored 22 points to lead an Illini team that bounced back following a 0-3 Thanksgiving week.When Illinois showed signs of faltering like it had in the past, Hill and other role players like Tracy Abrams (17 points) helped secure the win.Really proud of the way the guys responded, Illinois coach John Groce said. We ratcheted it up to another level (in the second half).Illinois (5-3) shot 30 of 60 from the field for 50 percent to outlast N.C. State in what was a tightly contested game in which neither team had a double-digit lead until the Illini led 67-57 with about eight minutes left.The Wolfpack held a 33-32 edge at the half but Illinois came out firing, shooting 68 percent in the second half and creating large leads that the Wolfpack could not overcome.The Illini bench outscored the Wolfpacks 39-22 and was led by Leron Black, who scored 15 points and brought in eight rebounds.Black has only played the last three games before Tuesday (suspension) and noted the adaptation it takes to understand how each player performs.We just kind of come together each game. We get used to playing with each other, Black said. Were just getting better as a team and getting more chemistry.Torin Dorn scored 17 points to lead N.C. State (5-2), which shot 53 percent from the field.Despite the hot shooting, the Wolfpack committed 19 turnovers, which prevented the offense to consistently produce and resulted in 17 Illinois points.The game was experienced versus inexperienced, N.C. State coach Mark Gottfried said. I thought we played like an inexperienced team.BIG PICTUREIllinois: The Illini got a much-needed win against a respectable ACC opponent after a disastrous Thanksgiving week. Illinois will need to win most if not all of the remaining nonconference games if it wants to prove its a NCAA Tournament team.North Carolina State: Time will tell whether this was a respectable loss. The Wolfpack will have a relatively easy path to the start of conference play.HIGHLIGHT REELMalcolm Hill showed his potential in the NBA with a drive down the lane in the second half that left all the North Carolina State players standing still. When asked about the move, Hill said strength coach Adam Fletcher will probably tell him he shouldve dunked it.HE SAID ITWhen we play like that, we can compete against any team. Tracy Abrams.LET DOWNSenior guard Jaylon Tate started the game but lost his role after a rough start. He was held scoreless and played nine minutes, including sitting out the entire second half.UP NEXTIllinois travels to Miami on Saturday where it will play VCU in the Hoophall Miami Invitational.North Carolina State returns home where it will host Boston University on Saturday.---More AP college basketball: http://collegebasketball.ap.org Carmelo Anthony Jersey . Arsenal failed to take full advantage of its main rivals stumbles on Saturday as substitute Gerard Deulofeu levelled with a hard shot from a tight angle in the 84th minute to give Everton a deserved point. Ahead of a crucial fortnight that will see them play against Napoli in the Champions League, Manchester City and Chelsea, Arsenal leads by five points ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea. Tyler Lydon Jersey . Coach Tom Thibodeau says the former MVP will probably start travelling with the team in the next few weeks. Rose tore the meniscus in his right knee at Portland in November and was ruled out for the remainder of the season by the Bulls. http://www.authenticnuggetsproshop.com/Jarred-Vanderbilt-Jersey/ . LOUIS -- St. LOS ANGELES -- USC?coach Clay Helton said Thursday hell announce the teams starting quarterback Aug. 20, the day after the schools Salute to Troy event.That would give redshirt junior Max Browne or redshirt freshman Sam Darnold, the two quarterbacks competing for the job, two weeks to prepare for the Sept. 3 opener against Alabama.Helton echoed previous statements he made after spring practice, that if he had to name a starter Browne would win the job, but that there wasnt enough separation between the two to make a final decision.Today, both of them played well, Helton said after USC opened camp. I thought that they made good decisions. Just like it was in the spring, both are playing at a very high level.USC has 17 scheduled practices remaining before Helton names a starter.Because of NCAA rules that mandate two nonpadded practices to start training camp, Thursdays night session was in shorts and helmets. The environment isnt ideal for evaluating quarterbacks in game-like situations, but both had their ups and downs. There were several long touchdown passes, but both also threw interceptions.For Browne, who committed to USC when Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin was the Trojans head coach, it might be tempting to look ahead to the first game of thee season. Paul Millsap Jersey. But after serving as?Cody Kesslers?backup the past two seasons, Browne said hes putting most of his energy into winning the starting job.Browne said he has spent a good amount?of time studying Alabama.But maybe not as much as youd think, Browne said. Because I have to go out and beat [USC defensive coordinator] Clancy Pendergasts defense first before I worry about Nick Saban.Preparing for the Crimson Tide has occupied a bit more time for Helton, who said he has been ending every day holed up in his office, falling asleep while watching film of Alabama.I got my couch up in my office. I watch film until I find myself passed out on the chair, then I flop on the couch and wake up, get a cup of coffee and start again, Helton said. Its all-encompassing. You worry about your team, but youre also, in the back of your mind, every little waking second that you get, youre preparing for your next game, and our next game is Alabama.Linebacker Cam Smith and offensive lineman Toa Lobendahn, both of whom missed the end of last season and all of spring practice with knee injuries, were full participants in practice Thursday. ' ' ' 
Share: